SCOTTISH WIDOWS (part of Lloyds Bank Group) Edinburgh
Sep 2009 – Feb 2010
- Senior Architect working on delivery of a Natural Language Interactive Voice Recognition (NLIVR) system across Scottish Widows, Lloyds Bank, HBOS and Clerical Medical from RFP, short listing vendors, reference site visits and recommendation to End to End (E2E) design according to Lloyds Bank Governance standards.
- Driving the Procurement process for project included working with BT, IBM, Nuance, Dimension Data, Sabio and VE Commerce. Site references included Egg Bank, Standard Life and Sky Television Contact Centres.
- Responsible for Outline Solutions Design, according to Group Governance, across three divisions of Lloyds Banking Groups Life Assurance, Investments and Pensions including Scottish Widows, Clerical and Medical, and Halifax Financial Services.
- Customers for solutions include Independent Financial Advisors (IFA’s), Lloyds Bank and Halifax branches and end customers
- Other work out included feasibility assessment of Business Transformation projects including Bancassurance Extranet project, Lean Processing project, Corporate Re-Engineering, Business Re-Engineering, Ecommerce, Evaluation and feasibility of PegaSystems CRM/fraud management tool, Data Warehousing project, MI with MicroStrategy/SAS portal and other Strategic projects across lines of business
- Projects involved multiple technical environments from differing organisations with a high level of customer interaction. Architectural designs driven by requirements included high level design, coding/programming, testing, installation, low level design documentation, maintenance and support directives.
- The production of detailed component specifications from systems architectures, taking into consideration the intended uses of the architectures as a whole within systems integration.
- Responsible for the overall architecture and control of designing systems and contributing to the choice of iteration patterns of the development phases.