BULLDOG COMMUNICATIONS (SUBSIDIARY OF CABLE & WIRELESS) London
Mar 2004 – Oct 2004
- Responsible for the Architecture of PSTN and VoIP network and the development and product marketing of next generation products & services on VOIP for Bulldog Communications.
- Defining architecture, evaluating products and implementing new technology into the network.
- Developing the architecture and serving as subject matter expert for VoIP technologies
- Worked with and evaluated multiple vendor CPE and network products through lab testing and initial field trials to evaluate the technology and its deployment feasibility.
- Produced detailed technical requirement specifications for CPE Production for RFI/RFQs for CPE
- Documented test plans for select vendor will be required, along with engineering specifications and guidelines for these products.
- Worked with Strategy, Finance and Business Planning to develop capital and expense budgets for VoIP, IP & Data products.
- Supported marketing in the enhancement of existing products and development of next generation data products and services through the product implementation process thus translating marketing requirements to technical requirements.
- Drove key technology and activity plans for national VoIP product development efforts.
- Interfaced with customer base on VoIP technology, product roadmap, product development, and market deployment plans.
- Involved in architect level business justification, planning, designing, integrating, and deploying best-in-breed platforms and framework technologies in the following functional areas:
- WAN technology, Quality of Service, fault resiliency, and load balancing.
- Voice network architecture and design – performing technology and cost evaluations such as ROI and RFP processes.
- Developing business and technology strategies for VoIP network.
- Architecting, planning, designing, installation, and operating VoIP deployment.
- Creating capacity management processes for complex service provider or enterprise networks.
- Network routing and trunk engineering.
- Interface into Cable & Wireless organisation.