BRITISH TELECOM PROFESSIONAL SERVICES Ipswich, Makati, Singapore, Vietnam
Apr 2007 – Dec 2007
- Responsible for voice and NGN elements of all tenders, bids and professional services offered by BT to external companies.
- Lead architect and project manager responsible for a NGN migration strategy from TDM/GSM based architecture in the fixed-line and mobile telephony market to NGN including full service portfolio.
- Projects worked on include PLDT (Philippines), VietTel (Vietnam), Turk Telekom (Turkey), NTS (Indonesia), Maxis (Malaysia), STC (Saudi Arabia) and a number of UK carriers
- Validation and assessment of existing network strategy aligned with market and business strategy, with regard to NGN development and existing NGN facilities
- Design of a full NGN network with service oriented NGN target network architecture meeting demands on capacity, subscriber growth, service diversity, openness
- Design of an operational model for the All-IP infrastructure
- Design of methodology for traffic forecasting, network dimensioning and traffic engineering
- Proposal and definition of a migration strategy as well as technology and services/products roadmap that leads to the NGN target architecture
- Validation of various migration scenarios (technically, operationally, commercially) and selection of one NGN strategy with a forward-looking NGN Business Plan
- Preparation of a comprehensive NGN Tender document to be issued to potential vendors with subsequent tender evaluation and vendor selection
- Support of NGN infrastructure implementation process for all network layers, especially for pilot and interoperability, network, performance & acceptance testing
- Driving an end to end solutions encompassing Backhaul, access, IP and TDM transmission, switching, OSS, BSS, Plan and Build.
- Worked with mobile companies including PLDT mobile, VietTel and Turk Telekom on detailed Next Generation mobile telco environments including 3G & GPRS IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystem) Voice over IP Security XML, WML, and HTML
- Demonstrated the ability communicate to stakeholders abroad at all levels any design and project related information required