NORTEL NETWORKS Maidenhead
Sep 1998 – May 2000
- Responsible for the creation of the EMEA team to support the Managed Application Services portfolio.
- Research, produce and implement a strategic marketing plan for the region that will achieve corporate objectives regarding revenue, profitability and market share.
- Overseeing the day-to-day marketing programs media campaigns for multiple solutions within the region.
- Develop and implement a strategic PR program that will boost positive awareness of the new organisation.
- Joint brand building with customer and channel marketing partners.
- Application areas including Unified Messaging, E-Commerce (B-to-C & B-to-B), Call Centres, CRM / ERP.
- Built business case for European organisation to grow annual returns of $1bn by 2002 enabling
- Nortel Networks to enter ASP market as a solutions integrator offering an end to end hosted applications solution (with partners), which is completely pre-integrated and supported.
- Strategic partner selection and liaison with HP, Compaq, BEA Systems, Software.com, InterShop, Concur, ICL, Arthur Anderson, Deloitte Consulting, and PWC.
- Drove the first initiative in Europe from initial meetings to closing a $100m bid for large Operator who was looking to be the biggest ASP in Europe and first to market.