CAPITAL ONE Nottingham
Jan 2008 – Dec 2008
- Main project which lasted ten months was the outsourcing of the UK call centre, from writing RFI and RFP to creating a model to evaluate them to being the lead IT performer, IT Project Manager and lead architect, through requirements gathering, architecture, design, testing and implementation including integration and migration of current and new systems. Worked with companies in India and Philippines, who won the tender and resulted in being the outsourced call centre.
- As an architect on other projects, was responsible for developing domain and solution architectures for either a specific line of business or at an enterprise level (cross-line of business).
- Operating predominantly within the Feasibility and Definition phases of a typical SDM project lifecycle, with some involvement in the Design phase and Ideation process.
- Creation of feasible solutions assessments within the feasibility phase of projects, on behalf of the architecture sponsor (enterprise or business architect), where required.
- Creation of architecture deliverables within the Definition phase of a project on behalf of the architecture sponsor (enterprise or business architect).
- Updating the Requirements Traceability Matrix with mappings of architecture to System Requirements.
- Technical management of the transition of projects from the Definition into the Design phase
- Technical input to new 3rd party technology selections.
- Approval of project high level designs on behalf of relevant architecture sponsor
- Approval of project technical designs on behalf of relevant architecture sponsor
- Providing estimates for architecture effort in feasibility and definition phases.
- Ensuring that all deliverables adhere to architecture process quality requirements and TOGAF.
- Ensuring that all architecture deliverables meet stated Business and System Requirements and comply with all Enterprise Architecture Standards.
- Ensuring all architecture deliverables are reviewed and approved by the European Architecture Review Council and addressing any action points arising from the review, where appropriate.
- Collaborative working relationships with MasterCard, Visa, TSYS, Wipro, IBM, Oberthur & IQOR.
- Projects as Lead Architect include Call Centre Outsourcing Vendor Selection, Call Centre Outsourcing (Philippines), Dialler Upgrade, CRM//Fraud Tools including Pega, Remedy and Oracle CRM, Secure Wireless Internet Guest Access, Data Centre Decommission, Building Enhancement Programme, RFID Contactless Card, MicroBusiness Card.
- Technologies including Citrix, UNIX, TSYS (TS2), Data Warehousing, BI, ETL with vendor partners and MI reporting technologies, Microsoft .Net, Java with RDBMS (Oracle and Sybase), speech technology; telephony infrastructures (PSTN or VoIP); a wide variety of backend systems (e.g., CTI, Billing, and CRM systems); Java application servers (J2EE) object oriented environments, network systems, hardware and server sizing, web services technologies, e.g., SOAP, XML; and scripting languages and relational databases.