NORTEL NETWORKS Maidenhead
Sep 2000 – Dec 2001
- Responsible for leading the establishment of strong, profitable business relationships with key, marquee customer accounts to leverage and build our brand.
- Responsible for leadership and execution for all Europe, Middle East and Africa sales from strategic planning through successful execution while also playing a key role in contributing to the strategic direction and overall growth in the wireless and wireline area of the corporation.
- Establishing and implementing strategic, corporate sales direction for the 40-man team (160-man organisation), responsible for $250million of business from Enterprise and Service Provider customers.
- Directing the sales team in their efforts to develop customer relationships and generate profitable engagements for specific, targeted major carrier and large enterprise accounts for the corporations prioritized business solutions.
- Working closely with the solution delivery teams, including delivery management, program management and support personnel, to ensure an overall, customer-focused implementation that leverages the full potential of our company’s services.
- Budgetary preparation, control and responsibility for entire line of business.
- Representing Nortel in forums, conferences, speaking events and interviews with analysts and press.
- Closed 2 major deals, one directly resulting in $120m revenue over 2 years and one indirectly resulting in $100m over 18 months.
- Responsible for several 3G infrastructure bid wins by showing aptitudes in delivering high-level services and relevant applications and middleware to enable 3G profitable for the wireless service providers.
- Closed several other deals between the $1m and $5 million mark with several Co-location, Data Centre, and smaller service providers including ISPs.
- Hit all our quotas quarter on quarter even with downturn in market.
- Initiated & established strategic alliances with partners including IBM, Sun, Microsoft, and EMC in EMEA.
- Grew team including dotted line reports to 160 people in UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Nordics and Turkey.